- The device which the application is to be installed on must have a Android operating system
- Must be a smartphone or tablet
- Internet access is required at all time
- The device which is to be used, must allow the installation of applications from other source than Google play. To do this, navigate to Menu -> Settings -> Applications and check the box marked "unknown sources" (This procedure can be different depending on your smartphone/tablet)
- Goto the file section on sourceforge and open the folder source files (developers)
- Download and open the folder "Senior Service"
- Import and run the script file "seniorserviceDB.sql" on the database on you're webserver
- Create a user and password for accessing the database (there are finished create statements commented out in the script)
- Open the file "dbworker.php"
- Set the variable called "$host" to you're database domain name
- Set the variable called "$db" to you're database name
- Set the variable called "$user" to you're database username
- Set the variable called "$pass" to you're database password
- Copy the file called "dbworker.php" to your webserver
- Import the folder "SeniorService_src" to your developer tool (Eclipse with Android SDK is recommended)
- Open the class "Control" located in SeniorService/src/ and in the package called hibu.LeiJonGun.seniorservice.
- Find the inner class "aTask" and the HttpPost variable "httppost". Insert the full path to the "dbworker.php" file located on you're webserver
- Run Senior Service on you're Android device
- Android SDK
- OOP, Object Oriented Programming
- UML Class Diagrams
Development statusList of known bugs
Senior service has only been Alpha tested (2013.05.25). The application has not been fully tested (stress tested, multiple devices etc.) over a periode of time.
The preferred language for all reporting/commenting/coding is English.
- Developing procedure: We recommend that everybody start with bug fixing before anything else. When the most of the bugs are fixed we proceed with implementing new features and tune the application.
- Report bugs: Bugs is reported through the project page on sourceforge.net (see links on the right). Here you can create a new ticket under "Bugs".
- Suggest new features: This is done by creating a new ticket under "Requested new feature".
- Uploading patches/bugfix: Patches and bugfixes are very welcome. Send a mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with java/xml file(s) as an attachment. Please leave a comment on what the patch is for (bugfix, new feature etc.).
- Recommended developer tool: Senior service has been developed by using Eclipse in addition to Android SDK and the Android development tools for Eclipse. We recomend using Eclipse with the Android SDK since this has been the project's main development tool from day one.
- Coding: Senior service is coded in java, xml, PHP and SQL. Code is commented where we have seen it necessary (typically on complicated functions etc.) to do so. The Classes have been setup in a certain way to increase readability: By using space between functions/classes, indentation, Get and Set methodes to the same variable are beneath each other. We hope everyone who commits patches to this project can follow the same way of coding.
Packages in the "src" folder:
- hibu.LeiJonGun.activities: In this package we have collected all activities that are used in the application.
- hibu.LeiJonGun.customViews: Custom views that are used in some activities are collected here.
- hibu.LeiJonGun.seniorservice: Application specific classes and a Control class. The Control class contains functions which is used throughout the whole application.
On the top of all classes there is a general description of the class. There is also a description to functions and variables where we have seen it necessary to have it, this is placed above the function/variable.
The layout filename has the same as the activities filename it's used by. Example: Activity filename: ActLogIn.java, Layout filename: act_log_in.xml.
Values XML files have been commented to show what layout files the different values belongs to. The layout filename is placed above the values that belongs to that spesific layout file.
Pictures(.png) has been placed in the folder "res/drawable/". It's mess with all these pictures at one place. But we could not find out how to divide these pictures to sub folders.
PHP file: dbworker.php. There are comments above each "if test" where the comment explain what request this test contains. The request comes from the application.