The application is developed for seniors and their friends & family. Senior service is a support app so the senior's (elderly)
have the opportunity to reach out to their friends & family when they need help with something that themselves have physical problems with doing.
When the senior have created an assignment, family & friends can choose to help out with the specific assignment by choosing to take it.
The Senior service application is developed as a bachelor project in the period fall 2012 --> spring 2013. The team which has created this application consists of Henrik Leinaas, Christian Gunvaldsen and Elis Tor Jonsson. We are all students at Buskerud University College in Hønefoss where we have studied IT & Information systems.
- Create a new user (who is a helper or an assigner)
- Log on as an existing user
- Get a new password by answering correct on a pre-chosen question
- Search for a person
- Add a person to your network
- Confirm or decline a friend request from another person
- Notification on following updates: on contact request
- Downloads data from a database which is located on a webserver through a PHP web service
(a elderly person with need of assistance)
- Create a new Assignment
- Se all assignments which has been created
- Confirm that an assignment has been done
- Delete assignments that has not been taken
- Notification on following updates: assignment has been taken, assignment has been confirmed
(a friend, or family member who want's to help the elderly person)
- See all information about an assignment
- Select an assignment
- Register that an assignment has been done
- Notification on following updates: new assignment is available